I’m 6’3 …. I remember growing up that my Dad would bring his colleague over, Norm whom I thought was the tallest man I had ever seen! ( I was 6 at the time) But I do remember looking WAY up and at times it was a little intimidating. So imagine the thoughts going through ANY and ALL of your Juniors under the age of 12. You are an adult. YOU”RE HUGE in their eyes! They are a kid. They equate your size, stature and appearance to that of their school teachers and their parents.
So where they could be perceiving you as an authority figure or a potential “negative” influence on them, here is your BIGGEST and EASIEST way to show them you are not a threat…..
GET DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL!
Kneel, squat, sit, bend over, whatever you do I can guarantee the MINUTE you do this and are now looking them right in their tiny little faces, you are going to WIN far more than you will lose their attention! Why?
Here are my TOP 5 reasons why this works and is something you need to do:
1. Leggo your Ego – Who cares what you look like! Lose the ego and you’ll gain massive influence
2. Kid Level – Now you’re on their level their eyes can fix on YOU and not wander all over looking up and around
3. It Shows You Care – Now they believe you are interested in THEM
4. Gain Perspective – Take a Look around at what is at their eye level cuz it’s been a LONG time since you’ve been that small
5. It’s ALL about Them – The more you show a desire to be on their level and listen to what they are saying, the more there is no fear, no worry and no anxiety.
TRUST ME! Before you know it your kids won’t leave you alone and you will suddenly realize that being a small person comes with a whole different perspective….try it!
GET DOWN ON IT! Your kids will love you for it!